Effective Date: March 1st, 2021
Crosschq reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
This Policy seeks to answer questions you may have about the Services and Crosschq’s information practices. Please contact us if you have other questions.
- What information does Crosschq collect through the Services?
- How does Crosschq use the collected information?
- When does Crosschq share information about you?
- How can you access, change, or delete information about you?
- Will you receive notices and disclosures electronically?
- Does this Policy apply to third parties?
- What choices do you have about online tracking, analytics and email communications from Crosschq?
- How does Crosschq protect your information?
- Where is your information processed or stored?
- Who can use the Services?
- How can you contact Crosschq with more questions?
- What information does Crosschq collect through the Services?
- Information Provided Directly To Us
We may collect information you provide directly through the Services. For example, we may collect your name, email address, or other contact information when you access certain Crosschq content available through the Services such as whitepapers, videos, webinars, and other materials, or request additional information about Crosschq or the Services. Crosschq also collects information from you when you fill out any form in the Services such as when you submit questions or comments.
If you want to use the Services to assist in collecting job references, searching and distributing job prospects, or analyzing new hire data/outcomes, Crosschq may collect the following information (collectively, the “Customer Information”), including, but not limited to:
- Account creation information, including your name, email address and a custom password;
- Contact information such as address and phone number;
- Corporate and license information;
- If you are an employer, employer identification number;
- If you are using our New Hire Analytics module, employee names, employee emails, employee phone numbers, and additional employment information;
- and Payment information, including credit card and/or bank account information and billing address.
Please note: We do not store the credit card or bank account numbers you may use to make payments in the Services. Such information may be passed on to our third-party payment processor, Stripe. You can review information on Stripe’s privacy practices at https://www.stripe.com
If you are providing a reference for a candidate (“Reference”), Crosschq may collect the following information (collectively, the “Reference Contact Information”), including but not limited to:
- Reference contact information,
- including your full name,
- email address,
- and phone number.
If you are an applicant who will be the subject of a reference request (“Applicants”), Crosschq may collect the following information (collectively, the “Reference Request Information”), including, but not limited to:
- Account creation information, including your full name, e-mail address, and custom password;
- Contact information, including phone number and address;
- Reference contact information;
1. What information do we automatically collect?
When you visit or use the Services, we automatically gather certain technical and usage information, which may be associated with your user account. This technical and usage information (“Technical Information”) includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Services; and server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type, device type, operating system and version, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Services.
Technical Information also includes “Cookies,” which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser when you visit a website. Like many online services, we may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Services. Cookies are used to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the Services for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing utilization of the Services.
2. How does Crosschq use the collected information?
Crosschq uses the information it maintains about you (including information you provide, Customer Information, Reference Request Information, and Technical Information):
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To create your account and enable you to use the Services;
- To verify your identity;
- To provide the features and functionality of the Services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- To respond to and fulfill your requests;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding your account and certain services or information you have requested;
- To improve the Services;
- For internal record-keeping purposes and for legal purposes;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Services.
We may use Customer Information to:
- contact you regarding your use of the Services;
- process billing and payment;
- send you product announcements and special promotions from Crosschq or our business partners, or to administer participation in special events, surveys, contests and sweepstakes;
- send you communications regarding updates or modifications to the Services.
- provide your company with reports on new hires, their tenure, performance, and additional insights.
We may use Customer Information and Technical Information to:
- personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences;
- troubleshoot problems;
- provide you with required notices, in connection with disputes between you and another user;
- or alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Services.
Crosschq may also use Technical Information to analyze your use of the Services to help us improve the Services and develop and improve other products and services.
3. When does Crosschq share information about you?
We may share the information we collect from and maintain about you as follows:
Employers or Other Customers Requesting References. We provide Reference reports, which may include Reference Request Information, about Applicants to the requesting employer or Customer. We may also provide an employer or Customer other communications related to Reference reports such as notification of a dispute or suspected fraudulent activity.
Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation conducting components of Reference requests, billing, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, identity verification, fraud, accounting, auditing, and legal services.
Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
Legal Requirements. We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Crosschq, our users, or third parties.
De-identified information. We may share de-identified information with third parties, including without limitation: (1) sharing aggregated, de-identified information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns and (2) providing de-identified information to third-party partners for our business arrangements, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and theirs.
Consent. We may disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties based on your consent to do so.
Business Transfer. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Crosschq, or in contemplation of such a transaction (e.g., due diligence), the information we possess may be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity.
Analytics. We use Google Analytics for purposes of analyzing usage of the Services. You can find more information about Google privacy practices here.
Note that Crosschq will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
4. How can you access, change or delete information about you?
Applicants should promptly update their contact information if it changes or is inaccurate. Applicants may review, access, and change certain account information such as email address, phone number and mailing address via the applicant portal on the Services. Applicants can request deletion of certain information in Crosschq’s control by contacting Crosschq as set forth at the end of this Policy.
Once an Applicant has approved a request for their references and the Customer, such as an employer, has received the Reference report, Crosschq does not control the Customer’s retention of such information.
5. Will you receive notices and disclosures electronically?
Yes. The Services are offered through Crosschq’s website, mobile site, and app. To obtain Services from us, you must create an online account and (1) be able to access Services on a computer or other device that is capable of accessing the Internet, (2) have an active email account, and (3) consent to our use of our website, app, or email to provide you any written information that we may be required to send you in connection with the Services, your account, and/or Reference requests and reports.
Your Consent to Electronic Disclosures
By creating an account and/or authorizing a Reference request, you acknowledge and agree:
- you can access and read information we post on our website or mobile app;
- to provide an email address that is active and effective for receiving emails from us;
- to receive electronically on our website, app, or via email the notices and disclosures, required by law related to your account and the Services;
- and you have received the following disclosures as required by the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“ESIGN”).
Please read this Federal ESIGN disclosure and consent carefully and keep a copy for your records. Your consent is voluntary, but we cannot provide the Services to you if you do not consent. If you are unwilling to receive these disclosures and notices electronically, you may terminate the creation of your account by closing your browser at any time before you create an account and/or authorize a Reference request.
Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form
Your consent to receive electronic communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to, all legal and regulatory notices or disclosures and communications associated with your account, the Services, your request for References, and any product or service we agree to provide you (each, a “Communication”).
Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form
All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided either (1) via email, telephone or text, (2) by making it available online and accessible via your account portal, or (3) by requesting you download a PDF file containing the Communication.
How to Withdraw Consent
You may at any time withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form. To begin receiving Communications in paper form, please contact us at the following address: 145 E Prospect Ave. Suite 200, Danville CA 94526. Please specify the information you wish to receive in paper form. Be sure to state that you are requesting a copy of the disclosures, notices, etc., and include your name and mailing address. Your request will apply only to those specific items you designate. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
How to Update Your Records
It is your responsibility to provide us with true, accurate and complete email address, contact, and other information related to your account, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your email address) through your account portal. If you give us an incorrect email address or fail to update or correct your email address, an electronic Communication will be deemed provided to you if we use the email address in our records for the electronic Communication.
In order to use the Services and to view and retain a copy of this Policy and certain Communications, you understand that you must have a computer or device equipped with at least: a browser with 128-bit encryption, a current version of a software that can open and display PDF files (e.g., Adobe), and either a printer or other electronic storage device.
Retaining Copies of the Communications
To retain a copy of any Communication we provide electronically, you can download an electronic copy to your computer or a storage device (such as a disk or USB storage device), request a copy by email, or print copies on a printer attached to your computer. You will not be charged for a downloaded or emailed copy.
6. Does this Policy apply to third parties?
No. The Services may contain links to third-party websites, but this Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by such third parties. We encourage you to review such third parties’ privacy policies and terms and conditions before engaging with such third parties.
7. What are your choices regarding online tracking, analytics and certain email communications from Crosschq?
Online Tracking and Cookies. Like many websites, the Services do not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers. But you can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer’s hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. If you disable cookies, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Services because they may not function properly without cookies.
Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Promotional Emails. As discussed in this Policy, subject to any restrictions under applicable laws, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by clicking unsubscribe in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Opting Out of Crosschq Text Messages. The number of text messages you receive may depend upon factors including how you use our services and whether you take steps to generate additional text messages from us (such as by sending a HELP request). If you no longer want to receive Crosschq text messages, you may text STOP at any time. After doing so, we will send you confirmation of your opt-out via text message. If you have revoked consent and want to re-enroll in our text message program, you can re-enroll by emailing us at email@example.com.
8. How does Crosschq protect your information?
Crosschq maintains safeguards to help protect the security of information we maintain about you. We may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee your information will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your log-in and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. Crosschq is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR INFORMATION OR TECHNICAL INFORMATION.
9. Where is your information processed or stored?
Crosschq uses servers located in the United States. Crosschq may also use partners or affiliates located in other countries besides the US to store and process your information. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
10. Who can use the Services?
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Services. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us through the Services, please contact us at the contact information listed below. If we discover that an individual under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete the account and any such personally identifiable information to the extent required by applicable law.
11. How can I contact you with more questions?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this Policy or Crosschq’s handling of your personal information, or if you would like to access or update personal information that is not available via the Locker, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.